We have succesfuly launched our ePoster system at the SECEC conference in Bruges, Belgium!
Our goal was to develop a system that shows poster presentations (powerpoint files) in a user-friendly way on conferences. Our definition of user-friendly: no annoying pdf pop-ups, a search engine that does its job, a full screen interface, and easy navigation.
On-site, the ePoster software runs on 24 inch FULL HD Mac screens and 42 inch Touch LCD screens. Even the smallest details are visible!
The ePoster software is developed in Adobe Flex and Air using the pureMVC framework, PHP and mySql.
Here is a quick overview of the key functionalities:
- Online poster submitting by presenters (their powerpoint presentations)
- Search on poster number, author, title, and keywords
- Ability to place comments on posters
- Give ratings to posters
- Forward a poster by email (when the author has enabled this feature)
- Usage of video and audio files inside your poster
- Select a winning poster (depending on the collected ratings)
- Full HD resolution
- Screensaver mode (posters show randomly when the system is not in use)
- Web integration: Show the posters on your website when the conference is finished